Senior Product Designer - Design Systems
Amsterdam, London or Manchester /
Product – Design /
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 2-3 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
What You'll be doing:
- Lead the design and implementation of Moonpig's Group visual language
- Help identify the tools, resources and documentations needed to support the system.
- Continuously conduct end-to-end audits of our UI, visuals and design system looking at cross-platform experience
- Direct scope of systems concerns and relevant products to adopt it
- Identify, prioritize, and monitor task, progress of design, development, and documentation across team members.
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to wider organisation
- Report team and system progress regularly to key stakeholders and the rest of the organization.
- Provide design leadership and guidance to teams around using shared patterns
- Provide a thinking and implementation framework for accessibility and inclusion in both the design and development process.
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system aspects.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- 7+ years experience in one or more of: interaction design and/or information architecture. Bonus if experience on product management of web-based sites and/or applications, front end development, accessibility
- Track record of creating and managing impactful accessible design systems and processes around it
- Portfolio that highlights design systems you have created or largely contributed to
- Proven experience designing and launching for both desktop and mobile environments
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Have experience in e-commerce domain
More about You
- You have a growth mindset and love to learn new skills
- You love both, the craft and the strategy
- Able to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders
- You are a great team player - able to communicate your idea and grow it further with help of feedback
- Able to leverage data and formulate a compelling business case for design initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.