Technology – Data /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor as well as info about our tech culture and benefits for a view on how great it is to work here!
What you'll be doing:
- Join a team of data modellers who own the T in Moonpig’s ELT (Extract, Load, Transform) pipelines.
- Working closely with Data Scientists, Analysts and our Visualisation Team to understand their requirements, providing them with clean transformed data as a result of your work.
- Be responsible for the governance of data access, ensuring the right people have the right access at the right time.
- Take ownership in the trust of Moonpig’s data. Understanding that the integrity, presence and quality of this data creates confidence in the platform we provide.
- Enjoy excellent career development opportunities backed by individual objectives and our engineering growth framework.
- Contribute to our team’s technical direction and strategy.
You'll be a good addition to the Data Platform team if:
- You are a SQL expert, and have experience leveraging the power of cloud based big data systems such as Snowflake and Big Query.
- You can demonstrate the ability to translate business requirements and assumptions into meaningful data models.
- You have worked in data teams, demonstrating the application of proper governance to a data platform.
- You prefer a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge through collaboration, pairing and constructive code review.
- You are willing to challenge your own ideas; to try, fail, learn and repeat - and you encourage others to do the same.
If you join us you will be working with:
- Snowflake and Big Query
- SQL (and a bit of Python)
- Orchestration tooling (Airflow)
- Git VCS and GitLab CI
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.