Digital Product Designer
Amsterdam, London, or Manchester (Hybrid) /
Product – Design /
Our Ways of Working:
We believe that we do our best work when we are together, but also appreciate that everyone works in different ways. That’s why we operate with three working models which look to define where and how our people work - Remote, Hybrid, Site/Office - based.
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
Work with us
At Moonpig Group our mission is to create moments that matter, with our vision to become the Ultimate Gifting Companion. We are an international group made up of multiple brands – Moonpig, Greetz, Buyagift and Red Letter Days. We were founded with the goal of disrupting the traditional greetings industry and two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator. Whilst we are a big company with big ambitions we move at a pace and agility similar to a startup. You will get to drive impact here and most importantly we want you!
Why do our Product Designers love working with us?
Our Product Design team has 17 designers and a Service Designer. We work alongside our counterparts in Product Management, Engineering and Research to test exciting new ideas at pace. We work in tribes and squads and focus on specific parts of the customer experience and strategic projects. We empower our teams to innovate and test ideas. New concepts come from the ground up to help us achieve our company OKRs. So if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a lot of autonomy, then come and join us.
What You'll be Doing
We’re looking for a Product Designer that can deliver excellent UX and UI design across our native web platform and native iOS and Android apps. Detail and data-obsessed, you’ll be happy working in a high ambiguity environment and possess the skills to raise the design bar at Moonpig through mentoring your fellow peers within the Product Design Team.
As the Product Designer you’ll be pairing with Engineers, Researchers and Product Managers as necessary to ideate, design and test radical new ideas. You’ll have autonomy over strategy and execution with guidance from a high profile leadership team and peers across the Product team.
- Defining and delivering intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across our website and apps, considering both the future vision, but also the iterative steps we take to get there
- Demonstrating the value UX brings to our business and the commercial impact of the experiments you run within your squad, having a focus on work that delivers against our company OKRs
- Coaching and upskilling your fellow Product Designers and Researchers in a collaborative and safe environment within your personal areas of expertise
- Working collaboratively in a flexible way with other Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers and Stakeholders from our Marketing and Commercial teams, helping us understand their needs and ideate as a cross-functional team
- Lead your team(s) through delivering complex work for new and existing products and revenue streams
- Being the voice of our customers in your area of responsibility and bringing stakeholders outside of Product on the end-to-end journey of delivering value for our users
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile, eCommerce business
- Experience leading a complex piece of work from start to finish within your team
- A proactive attitude. You’re a self-starter who is comfortable setting goals, making decisions and driving direction
- Experience working with multiple brands and designing for multiple languagesSolid stakeholder management
- Great prioritisation skills
- Solid technical foundations in order to communicate effectively with your software engineering peers
- Proven experience designing and launching for web and native app environments
- A portfolio highlighting value you’ve delivered within business to solve problems for customers whilst delivering on business goals
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Experience in a fast-paced metric-driven environment such as e-commerce
More about you:
- Have at least 3 years of experience
- Have a growth mindset and love to learn new skills
- Love both craft and strategy
- Are able to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders and your peers
- Great team player - able to communicate your ideas and grow them further with feedback
- Able to leverage data to formulate compelling business cases for design initiatives
- Feel comfortable conducting primary and secondary UX research
- Happy to work in remote teams split across the UK and NL
To hear more about our perks and benefits visit our Moonpig Attraction Deck!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Comimittee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.