Software Engineer (Mid Level)
Buyagift – Technology /
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, team and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.Our people are a fundamental driver of our success. We place great importance on nurturing exceptional people as we firmly believe that our competitive advantage stems from the capabilities and potential of our workforce. Our People team helps to drive those efforts across the business.
First a bit about the role:
The Find team at Buyagift and Red Letter Days is responsible for powering the Frontstore operations. Utilising our integrated tech stack comprising a React/Next.js front-end, .NET for our backend, and various Azure services. We are creating our Frontstore using Static Site Generation supported by Algolia and Contentful.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. As the newest addition to our team, you'll be at the helm of developing and fine-tuning the software solutions that power our user experience. You’ll have an opportunity to directly contribute to the new component-based React application.
Your responsibilities will include coding, and modifying the software to enhance user-friendliness and improve performance. You’ll work collaboratively with our design team to provide the best UI/UX to customers.. Through constant collaboration with the team and stakeholders, you'll play an instrumental role in bringing our vision to life.
A bit more about the role:
- Development: You'll design, code, and modify React and .Net Core application / services. This includes writing clean and maintainable code, debugging and conducting code reviews.
- Problem Solving: The ability to identify, troubleshoot, and proactively manage technical problems. You'll troubleshoot development problems across multiple environments and resolve the issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaboration: Working closely with cross-functional teams, This includes collaboration with other internal teams to ensure project requirements are met.
- Quality Assurance: Maintaining the quality and integrity of our product will be crucial in your role.
- Learning & Improving: As technology rapidly evolves, you’re expected to stay up-to-date with current best practices and new technologies, continuously looking for areas of improvement within our operations.
And now a bit about you:
- Experience: Has relevant experience in software development, preferably in a similar role.
- Technical skills: Has experience with full stack developing, particularly React (Next.js), C# .NET Core and REST APIs. Experience with Algolia Search and Contentful CMS would be highly beneficial.
- Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Shows ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. We need someone who is comfortable working in a team setting and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Communication Skills: Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical information into understandable terms.
- Continual Learning: Displays a keen interest in staying current with technology trends and industry best practices.
- Passion for Quality: Shows a dedication to quality and a comprehensive understanding of the balance between speed and perfection in software development. We value individuals who take pride in their work and continually strive to improve our product quality.
If you fit these qualifications and are passionate about creating high-quality user experiences, we would be thrilled to hear from you.
Our Tech Environment
- TypeScript, React, Next.js
- Jest, Cypher
- Storybook, Figma
- Algolia search engine, Contentful CMS
- Azure, Serverless, Azure Fabric
- C#, .NET Core,
- SQL Server, Service Bus
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD through Azure pipelines, Terraform
Join us in full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.