Finance – Legal /
Our Ways of Working Principles:
We believe that most of us do our best work when we work together, but we know that everyone works in different ways, and quite frankly, has other commitments and responsibilities outside of work.
As we further adjust to hybrid working, we want to take what we've learnt from working remotely and keep the flexibility that's enabled us to thrive and keep driving our business forward.
We have some core principles which support us in this:
Do what’s right
Trust & give permission
We understand ways of working can look different based on your role, team and you as an individual so we are here to support and discuss this with you during the interview process.
Work with us
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group, comprising the Moonpig, Buyagift and Red Letter Days brands in the UK and the Greetz brand in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online cards and gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
About the role
We're looking for a commercially astute and experienced commercial lawyer with ideally 4+ PQE to join our Legal and Data Protection team in providing expert legal guidance to our expanding e-commerce business.
As a key member of our team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our business maintains compliance with relevant commercial regulations and navigates the dynamic legal landscape of the online gifting industry operating in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Australia and the US.
- Proactively manage the legal aspects of commercial contracts across various business areas, including purchase and sales agreements, terms and conditions, marketing agreements, and licensing agreements
- Play a pivotal role as a trusted advisor to diverse stakeholders across multiple brands, providing expert guidance and resolving legal matters effectively.
- Advising on potential legal and regulatory issues such as advertising and consumer protection regulation, data protection and mitigating associated risks
- Provide legal expertise on strategic projects
- Proactively support and manage commercial and customer claims, navigating legal implications and ensuring effective resolution.
You’ll be a great addition if you have the following:
- UK Qualified lawyer with ideally 4+ years post-qualification experience
- Solid experience in drafting and reviewing commercial agreements (SAAS, purchase and sales agreements, licence agreements, marketing agreements)
- Excellent knowledge of consumer law (UK), competition law (UK and Europe), Intellectual Property
- Experience in an international/European legal commercial environment (preferably B2C), and specifically the Netherlands would be preferred
- Solid UK and EU Data Protection knowledge
- Experience of using electronic contract management solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage a high volume of work
- Comfortable working at pace in an informal e-commerce environment
- Great written and interpersonal communication skills to proactively engage with the business
- Ability to partner with staff at all levels
- Able to provide clear legal advice, combining this with pragmatism – enabling decisions within acceptable risk profile rather than promoting outright avoidance of risk
- ability to drive initiatives forward to a pragmatic conclusion
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.