Buyagift – Technology /
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, team and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.Our people are a fundamental driver of our success. We place great importance on nurturing exceptional people as we firmly believe that our competitive advantage stems from the capabilities and potential of our workforce. Our People team helps to drive those efforts across the business.
Reports to: Data Engineering Manager
Location: Hybrid working, with 40% office based at Farringdon, London EC1R
First a bit about the role:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team at Buyagift and Red Letter Days . The Data Engineering Team's mission is to ensure that the right data is available to the right people, enabling us to leverage data to best serve our customers and maintain a truly data-driven organisation. This involves collaborating with other teams to capture their data requirements and finding the best way to make that data available on a secure, stable single source of truth that is GDPR compliant. We enable other teams to leverage the data through reporting, analytics and ad-hoc queries.
The Data Engineering team at Buyagift and Red Letter Days is responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure that powers our business. We work with a wide range of technologies, including cloud computing platforms, data warehouses, and data processing frameworks. We are passionate about using data with applied best practices, to solve real-world problems and make a positive impact on our business.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our data pipelines and data warehouses. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, including developing and migrating to a new data analytics platform, and creating new data ingestion pipelines. Your responsibilities also include developing and implementing data-driven solutions to our business problems, ensuring the quality, performance, and security of our data infrastructure.
A bit more about the role:
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to ingest, transform, and load data from a variety of sources into our data warehouse
- Optimise, maintain and troubleshoot these pipelines to ensure consistent and quality data is up to date and available
- Develop and maintain data models to support our business intelligence and analytics needs
- Ensure the quality, performance, and security of our data infrastructure
- Adhere to best practices concerning security and infrastructure
- Create and maintain relevant documentation
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to build and deploy data-driven products and features
And now a bit about you:
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong experience with SQL, ETL / ELT Tools such as FiveTran and DBT
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Azure) is a plus
- Experience with data warehousing such as SQL Server and Snowflake
- Confident interacting with Databases and web APIs and processing data
- Good understanding of relational databases and data modelling best practices
- Awareness of data governance and security
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Our Tech Environment:
- C# .NET, Python, Azure and Terraform
- Orchestration tooling (Airflow or any other orchestrator)
- Git VCS and GitLab CI
- SQL Server
- MS DevOps
We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above so if you have experience in some, please still apply!
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
For everyone in the UK to create unique memories that last a lifetime
To be the most trusted platform in the UK gift experience market
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.