Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Loyalty /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor as well as info about our tech culture and benefits for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are looking to hire a Senior Engineer on our Loyalty team. Our Loyalty team is all about understanding what makes our customers tick, building what matters to them, and while we’re at it, building loyalty. Their data and insights are the secret sauce that allows us to offer truly unique Moonpig moments. So far they've only just scratched the surface and have got some pretty big ambitions. From working with the Data Science team on crafting unbeatable experiences, to delivering transformative loyalty initiatives, there’s a lot for us to do and you could join us on this amazing journey.
Our tech environment:
- AWS, Serverless, Terraform, Node.js, TypeScript, C#, .NET Core, GraphQL, React.
- GitHub for SCM, CI/CD through GitLab pipelines.
- Robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- Full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above. Some of our product teams use .Net Core and others use Node.js/Typescript, so if you have experience in either, along with cloud/serverless experience, please apply!
Our expectations of our Senior Engineers:
- Great engineering. We are always striving for great engineering and this is so much more than just writing quality code. It’s a way of thinking about creating reliable and maintainable systems and enabling those around you to do the same. It’s about understanding how to use XP and Lean Software Development practices to efficiently deliver only what the product needs.
- Passion for product. You care about building the right product, in the right way for users. You want to know why we’re building what we’re building and are always asking “how can we do this better?”.
- Technical leadership. People will be looking up to you for technical guidance and part of your role will be to help them on that journey. You know how to get things done and take ownership without being asked. You will also be responsible for participating in the right forums to drive engineering principles and practices across all of engineering.
- Emotional intelligence. You create an environment of psychological safety and appreciate what people from different backgrounds and in different roles bring to the table. You understand that software development is a social endeavour where we succeed as a team, not as individuals.
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.