London (Hybrid) /
Commercial – Buying /
Our Ways of Working:
We believe that we do our best work when we are together, but also appreciate that everyone works in different ways. That’s why we operate with three working models which look to define where and how our people work - Remote, Hybrid, Site/Office - based.
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
Work with us
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group, comprising the Moonpig, Buyagift and Red Letter Days brands in the UK and the Greetz brand in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online cards and gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Buyer within our UK Commercial team you will play a critical role as you will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and managing supplier relationships to ensure a seamless flow of products that meet our quality and commercial standards. As a data-driven Buyer, with exceptional commercial acumen, you will play a pivotal role in developing the Moonpig gifting range.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for our existing range Develop new gifting propositions for the UK market
- Influence the product road map with developments that enhance the UK gifting offer
- Work with marketing, sales, and operations teams to drive growth
- Develop and implement pricing strategies
- Analyse market data and trends
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and developments
- Represent Moonpig UK at trade shows and industry events
- You should have proven experience as a Buyer or Category manager preferably in the e-commerce, retail, or gifting industry.
- You should have exceptional data analysis skills with the ability to extract meaningful insights from complex datasets.
- You should have strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence suppliers to achieve favourable terms.
- You should have excellent commercial acumen with a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing, and cost structures.
- You should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external suppliers.
- You should have strong attention to detail, organisation, and time management skills.
- You should be adaptable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities, having the ability to navigate ambiguity and make informed decisions based on available data and insights.
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.