London or Manchester /
Technology – Fulfillment /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Work with us
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor as well as info about our tech culture and benefits for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Fulfill Team. Our Fulfill team is responsible for the efficient and timely processing of customer orders across multiple territories and brands. Ensuring that each consignment’s assets are prepared, routed to the correct fulfillment site and order updates from that site are available to Moonpig’s E-commerce systems.
Our Tech Environment
- AWS, Serverless, Terraform, Node.js, TypeScript, C#, .NET Core, GraphQL, React.
- GitHub for SCM, CI/CD through GitLab pipelines.
- Robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- Full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above. Some of our product teams use .Net Core and others use Node.js/Typescript, so if you have experience in either, along with cloud/serverless experience, please apply!
Our expectations of you
- Good engineering comes first: First and foremost, we are always striving for good engineering and this is so much more than just writing good, clean code. It’s a way of thinking about your code, domain, peers, supporting processes and the entire ecosystem in which you operate. You should be learning how this all fits together and focusing on your contribution towards it.
- Focus on delivery: Delivery is fundamental to great engineering, it’s why we write software after all. You will build up a solid understanding of what good delivery looks like, how to work in high performing teams, what makes good team dynamics and how the collective process contributes towards fast, incremental delivery.
- Learn and grow: You will be continuously growing your engineering skills and ensuring you are surrounding yourself with people that can help you do this. Understand the core differences between coding, craft and architecture and how they are applied at scale. You are evolving to a world in which you are responsible for part of the technical estate, so make sure you are growing to take on this challenge with confidence.
What you'll bring as an Engineer:
- You are experienced in C# .NET, but you’re happy to work across multiple languages and ecosystems.
- You have experience with CI/CD and own your code from build through deployment to production support and monitoring. We use AWS serverless technologies and Terraform, so knowledge/experience in this would be a bonus.
- You are passionate about building robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- You enjoy being part of a full-stack, cross-functional team, working closely with people of different specialisms within your team and across the business.
- You’re willing to challenge your own ideas; to try, fail, learn and repeat. You encourage others to do the same.
- You have an awareness of web application and cloud security and will collaborate effectively with our internal security team.
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.