UK Remote /
All Technology – iOS /
Our Ways of Working:
We believe that we do our best work when we are together, but also appreciate that everyone works in different ways. That’s why we operate with three working models which look to define where and how our people work - Remote, Hybrid, Site/Office - based.
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
This role can be based on a hybrid remote basis in London or Manchester.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We’re an international group made up of three brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, Ireland, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands – with our newest addition Buyagift joining us in 2022.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our tech culture and benefits as well as our 4.0 rating and reviews on Glassdoor for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are currently looking to hire an iOS Engineer on our app platform team. The app teams at Moonpig are small and dynamic and are composed of both iOS and Android Engineers, and the app platform team is pivotal in ensuring that the platform is performing to a high standard. We are solely responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle and celebrate team delivery over individual brilliance.
We use data, A/B testing and user feedback to drive what we do next and we are collectively responsible for defining, building, testing and monitoring the features we ship. We are looking for someone who is curious, willing to learn and feels comfortable sharing their perspectives and experiences in order to help shape the future of the Moonpig app.
Our tech environment:
- SwiftUI & UIKit
- Combine & async/await
- Swift Package Manager
- GitHub for source code management and continuous integration
- Apollo / GraphQL
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above, so if you have some please apply!
How we get there:
- Jira / Confluence
- Firebase / Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
- Pair programming
- Unit / Snapshot / UI testing
Our expectations of our Engineers:
- Good engineering comes first: First and foremost, we are always striving for good engineering and this is so much more than just writing good, clean code. It’s a way of thinking about your code, domain, peers, supporting processes and the entire ecosystem in which you operate. You should be learning how this all fits together and focusing on your contribution towards it.
- Focus on delivery: Delivery is fundamental to great engineering, it’s why we write software after all. You will build up a solid understanding of what good delivery looks like, how to work in high performing teams, what makes good team dynamics and how the collective process contributes towards fast, incremental delivery.
- Learn and grow: You will be continuously growing your engineering skills and ensuring you are surrounding yourself with people that can help you do this. Understand the core differences between coding, craft and architecture and how they are applied at scale. You are evolving to a world in which you are responsible for part of the technical estate, so make sure you are growing to take on this challenge with confidence.
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.