Senior Software Engineer
London/Manchester (Hybrid) /
All Technology – Launchpad and Frontend Enablement /
Our Ways of Working:
We believe that we do our best work when we are together, but also appreciate that everyone works in different ways. That’s why we operate with three working models which look to define where and how our people work - Remote, Hybrid, Site/Office - based.
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
Work with us
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers. To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our tech culture and benefits as well as our 4.0 rating and reviews on Glassdoor for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Launchpad Frontend Enablement Team, which leads design language across Moonpig Group, covering two brands - Moonpig in the UK and Greetz in the Netherlands. Launchpad (our Design System) is a core tool for accelerating product teams to ship features with higher velocity, quality, and consistency. We build a library of reusable components, make cross-cutting improvements like accessibility and dark mode for our native apps.
Our Tech Environment:
- AWS, Serverless, Terraform, Node.js, TypeScript, React, TypeScript, NextJS, Figma, Storybook.
- GitHub for SCM, CI/CD through GitLab pipelines.
- Robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- Full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above so if you have experience in some, please apply!
Our expectations of you:
- You are comfortable collaborating with both Product Designers and Engineers to build reusable UI building blocks and a Design System.
- Experience operating with moderate to large sized teams.
- You have experience writing documentation and understanding the audience to deliver key points and provide clarity on technical topics.
- You can help us share a deep understanding of HTML, CSS, reusable web components and UI design across various teams in the organisation.
- Experience with React, Styled Components, TypeScript, NextJS, Figma, Storybook, or Design experience is a plus.
- Act as a mentor to developers just starting their development journey and/or wanting to further develop their frontend skill set.
What you’ll do:
- You will be working in a team building components using TypeScript and React following WAI-AA standards that have requirements outside the presentation layer, using an approach that accommodates these functional concerns.
- You will be collaborating with Product Designers and Engineers to build Launchpad and evolve our existing UI to use it.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and cross-team to implement cross-cutting improvements across the Moonpig platform.
- You will be building scalable and informative documentation in the form of references, guides, and code examples while reinforcing Launchpad at each step.
- You will help improve the entire engineering team’s processes around building UI and using Launchpad.
- Write visual-regression, unit, and integration tests to ensure system stability
- Provide support to Launchpad-consuming engineering teams
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.