Product Manager - Customer & Payments
Amsterdam, London or Manchester /
Product – Product Management /
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 2-3 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Work with us
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be leading two squads made up of 1 designer and 5 engineers each. One will actively own Customer account management & customer data as a domain. This includes working on all aspects of a customer's lifecycle and account. The second will look after the final (and most business-critical) step of the purchase journey, payments.
It is an exciting time to join Moonpig. We’re nearing completion of a 2-year replatforming project to upgrade our entire tech stack to new technologies, unlocking a higher level of growth than ever before through increased flexibility & speed of product development. We’re expanding the Product function to reflect the increasing size of our customer base and our ambitions for the year ahead.
You will be reporting to the Head of Product, and joining twelve other Product Managers in a high-performing, friendly and supportive team (which also includes Design and User Research). You’ll experience the best bits of working for a tech-first company, with the added security and pride of working for a household-name that helps millions of people show their loved ones they care. You’ll have a manager who takes your professional development seriously and supports you to grow in your career.
- Designing and implementing best-in-class customer account experience with self-service capabilities which removes friction for our customers who wish to sign-up or make changes to their Moonpig account.
- Making Moonpig more convenient for customers by adding their most-requested payment methods: Apple Pay, Klarna, PayPal, Bank Transfer (popular with EU customers), and invoicing (for business customers).
- Building out the new payments platform with better promotions & discounts capability to enable personalised offers for our customers at different stages of their life-cycle with Moonpig.
- Contributing to the cross-squad integration programme to bring our Netherlands-based sister brand, Greetz, onto the shiny new platform.
- Working with other Product squads to enable and launch strategic initiatives (e.g. subscriptions).
- Contributing to the Product Team culture and helping to develop the team’s capability by sharing your knowledge and skills with others.
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- Have experience managing technical products or back-end heavy products.
- Interested in working on platforms in addition to the front-end customer experience.
- Familiar with the basic concepts relating to payments (authorizations rates, security checks, etc).
- Really enjoy getting into the details and solving complex problems with the engineers in your team.
- Have the demonstrated ability to balance usability with security and compliance.
- Can apply Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) and have experience running sprint ceremonies (planning sessions, reviews, retrospectives).
- Can communicate effectively with a wide range of people, whether talking through a problem with an engineer or presenting your teams’ plans to senior management.
- Experience in eCommerce, retail, fintech or payments.
- Business Analyst or Systems Architect background.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.