Junior UX Researcher
Product – Design /
Fixed Term Contract
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 2-3 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Fixed Term - 12 Months
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
We are investing in our product teams and are working to upgrade Moonpig Group's systems to the latest technologies. We now have a world-class eCommerce stack and a development platform comparable to the world’s most agile startups. At the heart of this strategy is a new design system that will be absorbed by every part of the consumer-facing business.
What you'll be doing
We’re looking for a talented Junior User Experience Researcher to help support the UX Research team. You will help us to evolve the way Moonpig conducts research across all our customer touchpoints. You will play a vital role in supporting the research that underpins exciting new products that will make it easy and enjoyable for our customers to express themselves and celebrate important occasions.
Reporting to the Research Manager, you will be joining the Product and Experience team and will work closely with designers, product managers and engineers. This role is a perfect fit for someone looking to grow their research skills and get exposure to agile practices.
- Primarily focusing on project management; leading on supplier contact, recruitment, fieldwork and contact with our research respondents
- You will manage our central research platform and help us to keep the Customer Voice relevant and exciting for our teams
- You will work closely with the UX Researcher and Research Manager who will coach your skills in research ethics, script and survey design, moderation and testing, through to analysis and reporting
- You will be immersed in customer research, supporting tasks including note taking interviews and taking part in analysis brainstorms to identify brand opportunities
- You will also grow your skills in research methodologies and take on the responsibility of gathering evidence to understand customer problems
- You will collaborate with stakeholders across the business and learn all about cross-functional collaboration, agile working and Design Thinking
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Have prior experience in a customer facing role e.g. customer service
- Very organised and process driven
- Proactive; a problem solver and love a challenge
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal (we like presenting here!)
- Strong with attention to detail
- Passionate about people - you are fascinated by the way we think, feel, do
- Building relationships comes naturally to you
- Comfortable working with data in all forms: numbers and words
- Interested in Product Design (in a UX space)
Bonus points for:
- UX experience - we welcome anyone making the switch from a non-UX research role or a project management / administrative role
- You’re passionate about learning and are motivated about your own development (inside and outside of work)
- You are interested in driving change, using evidence to build your case
- Depending on your career focus, you love presenting and would like to deliver external talks and papers
- You have a qualification in Psychology or a relevant subject (attitude means a lot more to us so don’t worry if you don’t have one)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.