ML Ops Engineer
Technology – Data /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor as well as info about our tech culture and benefits for a view on how great it is to work here!
What you'll be doing:
- Join a team of software engineers to build and support a data platform that will enable fellow teams to leverage our data and technology to make the gifting experience effortless.
- Collaborate with our data science team to build a machine learning platform with a large focus on machine learning operations tooling.
- Work in a serverless-first environment with a strong focus on asynchronous messaging and availability at scale.
- Take ownership of your code, the infrastructure it sits on, the CI/CD pipelines that test and deploy it, and the production systems that monitor it.
- Enjoy excellent career development opportunities backed by individual objectives and our engineering growth framework.
- Contribute to our team’s technical direction and strategy.
You'll be a good addition to the Data Platform team if:
- You have experience building cloud/serverless applications, using .NET and Python, either with AWS or a similar cloud suite.
- You have experience working with Machine Learning tools, building pipelines to productionise ML model deployment.
- You enjoy being part of an engineering team, working closely with people of different specialisms across the business.
- You prefer a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge through collaboration, pair programming and constructive code review.
- You are willing to challenge your own ideas; to try, fail, learn and repeat - and you encourage others to do the same.
If you join us you'll be working with:
- C# .NET and Python
- AWS and Terraform
- Machine Learning Ops tooling (AWS Sagemaker)
- Orchestration tooling (Airflow)
- Git VCS and GitLab CI
- Snowflake and DBT
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.