Technical Business Analyst
All Technology – IT & Delivery /
Our Ways of Working Principles:
We believe that most of us do our best work when we work together, but we know that everyone works in different ways, and quite frankly, has other commitments and responsibilities outside of work.
As we further adjust to hybrid working, we want to take what we've learnt from working remotely and keep the flexibility that's enabled us to thrive and keep driving our business forward.
We have some core principles which support us in this:
Do what’s right
Trust & give permission
We understand ways of working can look different based on your role, team and you as an individual so we are here to support and discuss this with you during the interview process.
Work with us
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group, comprising the Moonpig, Buyagift and Red Letter Days brands in the UK and the Greetz brand in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online cards and gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions - coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
We’re currently looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our dynamic IT Team.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, you'll spearhead initiatives to analyse, refine, and ensure seamless technical support for our business processes across the entire Moonpig Group. Your role will be pivotal in the two-way translation between technical details and business-relevant insights. This is an opportunity to join us in steering the IT support at Moonpig, blending technical acumen with business strategy for a seamless, efficient, and forward-thinking IT landscape.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to gather detailed technical requirements, ensuring IT solutions align with enterprise business goals.
- Analyse and map business processes, identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes and workflows.
- Facilitate communications between IT and business units, translating technical jargon into clear business terms and vice-versa.
- Contribute to IT project planning, helping to prioritise IT requests based on business needs.
- Work alongside the various IT teams to ensure consistent, high-quality support and adherence to best practices and company standards.
- Regularly review IT application and system performance, recommending upgrades or enhancements based on business needs and forecasts.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Have previously worked in a technology environment, preferably with experience bridging the gap between IT and business.
- Demonstrate superb communication skills, being equally comfortable with technologists and business professionals.
- Are a proactive thinker, always looking for ways to leverage technology to improve business processes.
- Are willing to challenge current ways of working to improve efficiencies and lower costs.
- Can handle multitasking and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail.
- Are curious and passionate about aligning IT capabilities with business needs.
- Can travel as required across the UK, ensuring alignment across all our facilities.
You'll need hands-on experience with:
- Documenting and managing business processes, preferably with Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) tools.
- Enterprise IT frameworks, like ITIL.
- Data analysis tools and techniques.
- Stakeholder management and requirements gathering methodologies.
- Administering enterprise tools and platforms relevant to the business
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.