Senior Engineering Manager - Data Platform
All Technology – Data /
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to manage our team of Data Engineers, as well as the Engineering Managers of our Data Modelling and Analytics Implementation teams.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group, comprising the Moonpig, Buyagift and Red Letter Days brands in the UK and the Greetz brand in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online cards and gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
The Data Platform team’s mission is to ensure that the right data is available to the right people so that we leverage data to best serve our customers and continue to be a truly data driven organisation. This means we collaborate with other teams to capture their data requirements and find the best way to make that data available, on a secure, stable, single source of truth that is GDPR compliant. We enable other teams to leverage the data through reporting, analytics, ad-hoc queries and machine learning.
Our Data Engineers contribute to the mission by building scalable and resilient systems that automate data flows including an in-house event ingestion platform, and pipelines that support the productionising of machine learning models for batch and live inference.
The Data Modelling team is central to our understanding of data. It’s so much more than just writing SQL, it’s also about how you apply best practices to analytics code and how you strive to understand the business and work with our stakeholders.
The Analytics Implementation team owns tracking best practices and implementation across our web and app estate. They are our subject matter experts on Google Analytics and other digital tracking technologies. They partner closely with a wide range of stakeholders including engineering, analytics and performance marketing.
Our Tech Environment:
- C# .NET, Python, AWS and Terraform
- Machine Learning Ops tooling (AWS Sagemaker or any other ML platform)
- Orchestration tooling (Airflow or any other orchestrator)
- Git VCS and GitLab CI
- Snowflake and DBT
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above so if you have experience in some, please apply!
Our Expectations of You:
- You have of experience managing Data Platform / Engineering teams
- You take ownership of code, the infrastructure it sits on, the CI/CD pipelines that test and deploy it, and the production systems that monitor it
- Lead on our team’s technical direction and strategy with the team to ensure we are always building the right thing in the right way
- You are able to collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation including our finance, BI and product teams
What You'll be Doing:
- Lead a team of data engineers working on a data platform that enables fellow teams to leverage our data and technology to make the gifting experience effortless.
- Manage other line managers working in data modelling and analytics implementation.
- Collaborate with our data science team to refine and maintain a machine learning platform with a large focus on machine learning operations tooling.
- Grow the people in your team using your experience backed by individual objectives and our engineering growth framework.
Want to hear more?
Find out more about Moonpig Group and what it has to offer here!
Moonpig’s Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig Group, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.
We’re proud to have several employee-led committees within our organisation, including the LGBTQ+ Committee, The Gender Balance Committee and our Moonpig Against Racism Committee.
We’ll continue to push for diversity and that sense of belonging so that all Moonpig Group employees feel safe and comfortable to be their true authentic self at work.