Senior Product Manager
London or Manchester /
Product – Product Management /
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 2-3 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Work with us
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you.
Read more about our strategy here.
What You’ll Be Doing
Moonpig has completed a major replatforming project to modernise our end-to-end technology platform. We now have world class technology to support our growth ambitions and are seeking a Senior Product Manager to play a vital role in our team.
You will be reporting to the Head of Product, and joining a team of 12 Product Managers. You will be working in a squad with a Product Designer, Tech Lead and Engineers with support from a Product Analytics team and UX Research team. You’ll be leading this new squad from its inception, and your mission is to build out new, engaging features around our core card experience to help grow our customer base.
- Crafting a vision and strategy for a new team, which looks to build out features around our core card experience to increase engagement from buyers, collaborators and recipients.
- Work in a lean and iterative way with your team to deliver experiments which maximize learning.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, Product Designers, Data Scientists and Engineers, acting as a servant-leader for your squad. Ensuring they understand the problems that need to be solved and that they have the help and tools needed to effectively work together to create elegant solutions.
- Effectively communicate strategies and trade-offs to Senior Leadership, Product and Engineering partners.
- Act as a visible role model for more junior Product Managers, leading by example in terms of planning and influencing. Coaching and guiding other Product Managers within the team, to think long term (strategically) and make high quality decisions which have impact.
- Build excellent working relationships with stakeholders from the Commercial, Marketing and Customer Services teams, looking at ways to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
You'll be a great fit for the team if you have:
- 5+ years in Product Management roles, working directly with Engineers and Designers.
- Experience developing full customer journeys (either through developing a new product, or working with end-to-end journeys on an existing product).
- Experience working on modern consumer products.
- High awareness and interest in emerging consumer tech trends and UX patterns which could inspire innovation of the Moonpig experience.
- Confidence presenting to senior management, getting buy-in for decisions and positively influencing strategic business decisions.
- Basic understanding of how modern web and mobile apps work technically.
- Solid understanding of how to draw inferences from data.
- Someone who is brimming with ideas, energy and infectious enthusiasm for building out great features to delight customers.
- Startup experience or experience building and launching products of your own.
- Google Analytics/SQL skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.