Commercial – Buying /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Work with us
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. Our customers send 14 million gifts and cards each year to their loved ones. We're committed to making a magical experience for them. Our aim is to become the ultimate companion for personal gifting.
We’re looking for a Buyers Assistant (Flowers/Balloons) to join our Buying Team. You will have retail trading knowledge and will be looking for a fast-paced peak driven environment to thrive and grow.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Buyer, you’ll be responsible for owning and managing the product path from development to setup and to support the delivery of the commercial strategy.
- Manage the product set up process for the team & ensure new products are launched to plan.
- Collate product information from suppliers such as specifications and warnings.
- Work with the Creative team to brief in new product copy in line with new product launches.
- Communicate with key stakeholders when products are published/sold out.
- Continue to monitor content & update where applicable i.e change if the season or if the product has been updated.
- Support sample submission for product/lifestyle photoshoots and internal sample sales.
- Work with the PR & Social team to collate samples for PR & social activity.
- Work with Content Manager to ensure landing page graphics are briefed in and updated regularly.
- Regularly monitor competitor activity & product offers online, feed back to the Commercial team any key findings.
- Highlight key trends & areas of opportunity currently not offered by Moonpig.
- Highlight any promotional or marketing activity to commercial & marketing teams.
- Collate weekly best sellers report & circulate to the business.
- Support team with collating Monday weekly trading reports.
You'll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Put the customer first
- Have strong retail trading knowledge
- An overall understanding of retail trends
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite, specifically Excel, Sheets, Powerpoint and SlidesPositive role model and supportive of team and peers
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Demonstrates a passion for product
- Can-do attitude
- Previous experience working in a retail setting (Desirable)
- Photoshop/design skills (Desirable)
- Have a degree (or similar) in a retail-related course (Desirable)
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.