Technology – Agile/Scrum /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Apart from all of this awesome tech stuff, Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor for a transparent view on how great it is to work here.
We're currently looking for a Scrum Master to help us build an agile practice, someone who is an expert in agile delivery who can demonstrate success in scaling that across teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will have an agnostic agile mindset where you empower teams through a balance of support and challenge. Your experimental approach will help teams to continuously improve and create a psychologically safe space that enables predictable delivery.
- As a Scrum Master you will be working closely with 2 teams with a strong focus on helping them create stability in their system. You will use agile metrics to help a team deliver consistently and at pace in order to become high performing.
- Coach teams to use agile metrics in their day to day for continuous improvement.
- Create Agile dashboards and coach teams to use key charts such as WIP aging, Throughput histogram, cycle time scatterplot, monte carlo simulation.
- Collaborate with the Delivery Team to support the success of complex multi-team software programmes.
- Maintain a focus on Lean/Kanban metrics, leading and lagging indicators (e,g. Percentile confidence of delivery, throughput, WIP aging and cycle time).
- Raise visibility of team level impediments, risks and dependencies.
- Help drive an Agile Community of Practice (CoP).
- Teach and mentor to enable teams to become self-serving and gain the tools to uphold agile principles by themselves.
- Create and roll-out agile workshops as lunch and learns.
- Facilitate key team of team ceremonies, retrospectives and workshops (e.g. story mapping, value stream mapping, story slicing, team genesis, 5 dysfunctions of a team).
You'll be a good addition to the Agile team if you are:
- A passionate and energetic scrum master to guide and to help grow 2 teams towards high performance using agile values and principles
- A role model that enacts Agile behaviours and the ability to mentor others on the Agile mind-set, behaviours, frameworks and practices
- A strong mentor, someone experienced and confident with coaching at both the team and the leadership level.
- Someone with experience of leading an agile team within a recognised or home grown Agile scaling framework would be advantageous
- An excellent facilitator, someone who can build psychological safety within their teams, and help protect and shield their teams from outside distractions
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.