Digital Product Designer
Product – Design /
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 2-3 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Work with us
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
We are investing in our product teams and are working to upgrade Moonpig's systems to the latest technologies. We now have a world-class eCommerce stack and a development platform comparable to the world’s most agile startups. At the heart of this strategy is a new design system that will be absorbed by every part of the consumer-facing business.
We’re looking for a seasoned contributor that can deliver excellent design for our web platform and native apps. Detail and data obsessed, you’ll be happy working in a high ambiguity environment and possess the skills to raise the design bar at Moonpig. Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you’ll be working on some of our most high value features, pairing with engineers, researchers and Product Managers as necessary. You’ll have autonomy over strategy and execution with guidance from a high profile leadership team and peers across the Product team. You’ll get the best of startup culture at a household-name company which helps millions of people each year show that they care.
- Defining and delivering intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across our website and apps
- Working collaboratively in a flexible way with other Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers and Stakeholders
- Helping define design team processes through thought leadership and your ability to operate strategically as well as at a pixel level
- Helping Product Design become even closer to engineering
You'll be a good fit for the role if you:
- Love both, the craft and the strategy
- Have a really good understanding of technology and are able to think in and out of its constraints
- Are always learning as well as willing to teach
- Have led teams through delivering complex work for new and existing products
- 4+ years commercial UX design experience
- Experience in e-commerce, B2C business is a plus
- Experience / prior involvement with search or find functionality related projects is a plus
- Wide range of prototyping techniques at various speeds and levels of fidelity
- Hands-on experience with UX Research techniques
- Understanding of front and back-end technologies and capabilities
- Ability to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders
- Ability to leverage data and formulate a compelling business case for design initiatives
- Growth mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.