Platform Engineering /
Moovweb’s mission is to make the Web instant and simple. The company has been reborn through our new product, Moovweb XDN. We believe the future of development on the web is Jamstack, and our jam is bringing the performance and simplicity benefits of the Jamstack to front-end developer teams at large, dynamic websites where traditional static techniques don't apply. While we're less well known in the developer ecosystem we have a long track record with some of the biggest brands in the world. While static sites for personal blogs are great, we believe unlocking Jamstack benefits for the large sites that represent the majority of the internet economy is a tremendous market opportunity. Browse https://www.thetiebar.com on your phone to experience an instant XDN site for yourself. Moovweb is a profitable, venture-backed company.
We are looking for a technical liaison who can engage with our users and attract new developers to us. Our aim is to collaborate and connect with communities that love technology and open source as much as we do. We have a great product and reference customers, but need much more awareness among developers.
What you'll do
- Help ensure a best-in-class Developer Experience for users on the Moovweb XDN by acting as Customer Zero.
- Test and suggest improvements to developer workflows on the platform regardless of if they are in the platform itself or a third-party system.
- Talk to XDN developers to listen for, not only their needs but also, their ideas for future product enhancements.
- Coordinate with the Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to relay developer feedback.
- Make the web easier: engage with development communities and get them to try our products - developers, testers, architects, and more.
- Publish code and content (video, blog posts, contributed articles, social media, demos, webinars) that will help others get started with, and get more out of, our platform
- You will be the first line of interaction with developers and tech leaders, engaging on communities such as Stack Overflow, Github, Reddit, Twitter and identify new ones
- Our platform and customers span multiple frameworks (see developer.moovweb.com). You’ll be expected to be able to learn quickly across different technologies. One day you’ll figure out how to use Shopify GraphQL APIs in React and the next you’ll demonstrate server side rendering in Angular on SAP Commerce Cloud
What we are looking for
- Willingness to analyze, understand and extend existing cultural and technical systems
- Prior experience in a Developer Relations role is required
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passion and strong opinions loosely-held on front-end development and the front-end landscape
- A robust online presence (social media) with code (GitHub) and technical content (blog posts, technical talks, etc.)
- 3+ years of professional experience in a technology company or environment
- Nice to have: a strong understanding of web performance topics (Lighthouse, Web Page Test, Core Web Vitals, etc.)
Moovweb offers a competitive salary, equity, and other benefits including 401(k), full medical/dental/vision package with financial support for dependents, unlimited vacation policy, community volunteering opportunities, Wellness Program, happy hours, quarterly team offsites and fun team outings. Our team members are based all over the world, including Estonia, Chile, Chicago and San Francisco. We know how to make remote work work! Read our CEO’s article about this here.
Moovweb is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Moovweb will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.