Sr Growth Marketing Manager, B2C
New York, NY /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is hiring a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to join the Growth team, focusing on its B2C newsletters brands (Morning Brew, Money Scoop, Sidekick and Money with Katie, and any new newsletter launched in the future). Reporting to the Director of Growth, B2C, this marketer will be responsible for increasing subscribers to Morning Brew’s B2C brands and help launch new verticals.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What you’ll do:
•Own growth for our b2c newsletter brands Ideate and develop growth marketing strategies to drive subscriptions to our B2C brands
•Develop and manage budgets, forecasting and reporting for all growth channels
•Oversee team management of paid campaigns, including spend, audience targeting, testing, and copy/creative
•Find new growth areas to expand our marketing portfolio, owning testing execution, analysis, and scaling the best opportunities
•Oversee customer lifecycle experience across channels by leveraging demographic and interest-based segmentation tactics
•Optimize onboarding experiences for various user cohorts to grow first-party data collection and convert to subscribers
•Own relevant KPIs and reporting, and communicate results across the organization
•Operate data-first by continuously tracking, analyzing, reporting and optimizing all growth efforts across all channels
•Partner with our social, product, editorial, analytics to launch new campaigns and initiatives and keep them up to date on team’s priorities Manage, mentor and grow your team
What makes you qualified:
•You have 6+ years of growth marketing/performance marketing experience. Experience in media and/or subscription business is a plus.Experience with managing large budgets
•Experience with managing a team Knowledge and experience of major advertising platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, etc) preferred
•Strong track record in thriving in a hyper-growth environment with a roll-up-your-sleeves approach
•You enjoy working on both the analytical and creative sides of marketing. Concepting content for lifecycle emails and finding nuggets of data in a spreadsheet to help optimize a campaign are both things you like to do
•Lifelong Learner: You are curious and hungry to grow. You have the ability to learn new skills or technology on the fly
•TeamPlayer: You take satisfaction in the success of something larger than yourself
•Self-Starter: You are enthusiastic about owning your own projects. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of taking initiative
•Communicator: You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Planner: You are known for your organization skills and ability to balance numerous projects while meeting tight deadlines
•You are passionate about Morning Brew, get all our marketing news from Marketing Brew and you are excited to join a fast-growing company
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded... plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.