Remote (U.S.) /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew seeks an energetic and thoughtful editor for our eponymous daily business newsletter, with which more than 4 million people start their day.
“The Brew,” as our loyal fans like to call it, aims to make a long-winded business world more conversational and interesting to millions of readers looking for a news source that values their time and speaks to them like normal human beings. We do this not only through diligently reporting the news but by incorporating other elements such as career resources, games, and content from other Morning Brew franchises.
This position will report to, and share newsletter editing duties with, the managing editor overseeing Morning Brew. The ideal candidate will be obsessive over the news and an expert curator—able to identify the stories that matter most to our audience and position them in such a way that makes sense to the reader.
You will also be a compassionate and detailed line-editor that deeply understands the Brew’s style: witty but not cringe, informative but never dry, and, above all, memorable.
This job will require you to work cross-functionally with copy editors, fact-checkers, designers, growth and social leads, and engineers. Being a team player and getting along with peers is essential. You should also be flexible: We’re in high-growth mode at Morning Brew and a game-for-anything attitude is a must.
Candidates with at least three years of experience editing business news are strongly preferred. Have you edited or written for a newsletter before? Even better.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded... plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.