Sr Brand Partner, Retail & SaaS
New York, NY /
Brand Partnerships (Sales) /
RECRUITING SCAM ALERT: Scammers are posing as Morning Brew employees and have posted fraudulent jobs on third-party sites. All of our open jobs are posted here on our official careers page, so if it’s not here, it’s not us!
Any outreach by our Talent Acquisition team will come from @morningbrew.com email addresses. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
The Sr. Brand Partner, B2B Retail & SaaS, will report to the Senior Director of Brand Partnerships, B2Bpod within the Revenue Org.
This role will be responsible for fostering and managing relationships with key clients & agency stakeholders to build best-in-class B2B campaigns with the world’s leading brands. The categories will include, but are not limited to CRM, eCommerce, Marketing Technology, Productivity/Communications brands.
We’re seeking a self-starter, with experience & relationships in digital media to grow business through consultative & solutions-based selling. This individual should have a passion for B2B sales partnerships and strategic relationships with the assigned categories.
This is not a typical sales role. Just as we provide the best daily business experience to our readers, we work tirelessly to understand the marketing goals of our advertisers and develop creative and tailored campaigns that WOW our brand partners without jeopardizing the quality of our voice and brand.
You will be expected to relentlessly navigate & network to brand decision-makers, and constantly seek to surpass revenue goals and internal expectations.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-empathetic for all candidates.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Managing the full sales cycle from meeting with decision-makers, understanding their campaign KPI’s, negotiating and closing new business
- Consultative partnership development across Morning Brew’s B2B franchises with a focus on Marketing Brew, Retail Brew, Emerging Tech, and IT Brew
- Exceeding personal revenue targets on a quarterly and annual basis
Own and grow an account/category list through existing relationships, outreach, prospecting, networking, and research.
- Vet and find decision-makers at qualified companies in relevant categories
- Educating potential brand partners on Morning Brew’s B2B ad offering and weaving together multiplatform activations across audio, branded content, events, newsletters, & video sponsorships
- Understand and utilize specific data and audience insights that define Morning Brew’s audience
- Prospecting & outreaching to a high volume of new B2B partners
- In-depth knowledge of B2B marketing tactics (i.e. ABM, lead-gen)
What makes you qualified?
- Significant integrated media sales experience (minimum of 5+ years sales experience in digital media)
B2B Media experience
- Knowledge & existing relationships with marketing decision-makers at B2B Retail & SaaS brands
- Currently managing team members and/or overseeing multiple streams of revenue
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. You understand accountability and put the team first, always!
- Strong foundation in client presentations and meetings. You will be expected to quickly initiate quality conversations— RFP inclusion and/or other immediate revenue-generating opportunities
- Thorough understanding of the full sales cycle and digital media operations. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals
- Ability to lead and close an RFP process, creating tailored partner proposals that include: native digital content, audio integrations, long-form content, social media & virtual event sponsorships
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must
- Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission and its franchises and products
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
🌴 Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.