Director, Client Solutions (Lifestyle)
New York, NY
Brand Partnerships /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
The Director, Client Solutions, will report to the Head of Client Solutions within the Revenue Org.
This role will be a “player-coach,” responsible for managing individual contributors, fostering and managing relationships with key clients & agency stakeholders and building best-in-class campaigns with the world’s leading brands.
We’re seeking a self-starter, with strategic digital media relationships and experience who can grow existing business and drive new business through consultative & solutions-based selling
You will be expected to relentlessly navigate & network to decision-makers and constantly seek to surpass revenue goals and internal expectations
Our positions are remote hybrid; however, we have a strong preference for employees who can work from our Morning Brew HQ in NYC.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- Execute a go-to-market strategy to drive net-new revenue for Morning Brew's digital properties through consultative selling.
- Exceed personal and team revenue targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Own and grow an account/category list through existing relationships, outreach, prospecting, networking, and research.
- Educate potential brand partners on Morning Brew’s ad offering and weaving together multiplatform activations across audio, branded content, events, newsletters, & video sponsorships.
- Understand and utilize specific data and audience insights that define Morning Brew’s audience
- Prospect & outreach to stakeholders within the assigned responsibility
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management.
- 8 - 10 years of integrated media sales experience (minimum of 7+ years sales experience in digital media) with an emphasis on selling branded content.
- Strong and existing relationships with clients and agencies
- Fluent in driving multiple streams of revenue across Newsletters, Podcasts, Social, Events, Content Creators and Video platforms
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deals.
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. Strong foundation in client presentations and meetings. You will be expected to quickly initiate quality conversations, RFP inclusion and/or other immediate revenue-generating opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of the full sales cycle and digital media operations. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Ability to lead and close an RFP process, creating tailored partner proposals that include: native digital content, audio integrations, long-form content, social media & virtual event sponsorships.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission and its franchises and products.
COMPENSATION $175,000 + commission *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.