New York, NY /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a Youtube Editor with a focus on YouTube strategy to join our video team. The role will use data-driven strategies to optimize our videos through creative thumbnails, headlines, seo, and more. This person will also act as a bridge to our growing community, responding to comments and updating subscribers.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Managing Youtube distribution strategy for Morning Brew’s Youtube account and any new youtube accounts launched under the Morning Brew umbrella
- Develop and implement best practices for thumbnails, headlines, keywords and overall packaging on YouTube
- Analyzing video and channel performance and report findings
- Managing A/B testing for thumbnails, headlines, etc
- Managing our YouTube community feed and interacting with viewers in comments
- Work closely with editorial team to recirculate video content within written stories
- Any duties assigned
What makes you qualified?
- Experience with social media and native video publishing tools, especially YouTube Studio
- Experience ideating and creating engaging thumbnails, headlines, and SEO metadata for videos
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with teams across the newsroom
- Comfortable analyzing data and communicating findings
- Stays up to date on emerging social media trends and platforms
- Passion for building audiences
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
· Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
· Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
· Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
· Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
· Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
· Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
· Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
· Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
US Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.