Associate Brand Partner, Finance
New York, NY /
Brand Partnerships (Sales) /
RECRUITING SCAM ALERT: Scammers are posing as Morning Brew employees and have posted fraudulent jobs on third-party sites. All of our open jobs are posted here on our official careers page, so if it’s not here, it’s not us!
Any outreach by our Talent Acquisition team will come from @morningbrew.com email addresses. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
*This role focuses on the following finance categories: Loan/Mortgage, Retirement, Tax, Insurance, and Financial Planning/Budgeting*
The Associate Brand Partner will report to a senior seller in the Finance Pod within the Revenue Org. This role will be responsible for fostering and managing relationships with key clients & agency stakeholders to build best-in-class campaigns with the world's leading brands in the assigned categories. You will support the pod's senior sellers and Brand Partners in all sales activities, including prospecting, sorting through inbound interest, outreach, research, running calls, and closing deals. While this is a sales role, you will not have your own quota or account list. Your quota and commission will be tied to your pod's quota attainment.
We're seeking a self-starter with experience in digital media to grow business within your respective pod through consultative & solutions-based selling. This individual should have a passion for sales partnerships, a drive to navigate relentlessly & network to brand decision-makers, and constantly seek to surpass revenue goals and internal expectations.
This is not a typical sales role. Just as we provide the best daily business experience to our readers, we work tirelessly to understand the marketing goals of our advertisers and develop creative and tailored campaigns that WOW our brand partners without jeopardizing the quality of our voice and brand.
Morning Brew is based in New York City, but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What you'll do:
-Manage the complete sales cycle from meeting with decision-makers, understanding their campaign KPIs, and negotiating and closing new business. Consultative partnership development across Morning Brew's franchises and key categories
-Vet and find decision-makers at qualified companies in relevant categories by collaborating as a team to proactively bring in new advertisers through research, prospecting, vetting inbounds, and leading calls.
-Run sales/client calls and close business by educating potential brand partners on Morning Brew's ad offering and weaving together multiplatform activations across audio, branded content, events, newsletters, & video sponsorships.
-Advocate for Morning Brew's offering of ad products that reach our core audience through engaging & accessible content.
-Establish industry expertise in people operations and convey Morning Brew's powerful audience story to accelerate partnerships.
-Understand and utilize specific data and audience insights that define Morning Brew's audience
What makes you qualified:
-Professional digital or integrated media sales experience (1-2 years of media and direct media sales experience)
-Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. You understand accountability and put the team first, always
-Having a finger on the pulse of finance and business news
-Thorough understanding of the complete sales cycle and digital media operations. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals
-Strong foundation in client presentations and meetings. You will be expected to quickly initiate quality conversations, RFP inclusion and/or other immediate revenue-generating opportunities
-Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
-Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must
-Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission, and its franchises and products
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
🌴 Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.