Executive Editor of B2B Media
New York, NY /
B2B Media /
Hey there! We’re Morning Brew- a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a managing/executive editor to lead our B2B content organization.
Morning Brew’s HQ is in New York City, but this role can be remote if needed.
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special. Want in? Read on.
Oh yeah, just so we’re clear… We’re not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for an managing/executive editor to oversee our growing B2B vertical-specific franchises. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for managing the operations of existing franchises as well as supporting the launch of new ones. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader within a key strategic growth area for Morning Brew overall. You’ll report into the GM of B2B media.
Our three existing B2B verticals are:
- Emerging Tech Brew keeps over 240,000 readers up-to-date on the technological advancements that are changing the world of business.
- Retail Brew delivers the most important retail business news to over 140,000 industry professionals.
- Marketing Brew keeps over 100,000 marketing professionals up to date on the latest marketing news and insight.
Here’s what you will be working on:
- Work with GM of B2B, vertical editors, and cross-functional teams on long-term strategy, hiring, and editorial processes
- Manage team of vertical editors
- Collaborate with vertical editors to generate, vet, and strengthen new product ideas as well as to grow existing products
- Identify opportunities to launch new B2B verticals alongside GM of B2B
- Generate, prioritize, and execute on ideas for special projects and built-if-sold editorial initiatives
- Support audience development across verticals by working with engagement and growth teams
- Work with GM of B2B, integrated marketing, and vertical editors to determine advertiser experiences
What makes you qualified?
- Deep knowledge of and interest in B2B media
- At least 7 years of professional experience assigning, editing, and writing content for a B2B audience.
- Experience managing a team of editors and/or writers.
- Creative, strategic thinker who also knows how to drive new ideas and projects forward in an intentional way.
- Knowledge of how to grow and foster an engaged audience
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration across different functions
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.