CRM & Email Marketing Manager
New York, NY /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
As Morning Brew continues to expand, we have begun to prioritize revenue diversification beyond advertising revenue. And because we have built a heart loyal, 4M+ person audience, there is an opportunity to build new, valuable products for our readers that allow us to establish a direct monetary relationship with them. As a result we launched an education division in 2021 that now includes several virtual cohort-based courses aimed at helping accelerate the careers and build up the skills of top performing professionals.
Morning Brew is now looking for an CRM & Email marketing manager to join the Growth organization, focusing on CRM & email marketing for our Education Business. Reporting to our Director of Growth, Education, the CRM & email marketing manager will play a key role in shaping our mid-funnel strategies for our Education product throughout the customer lifecycle, from onboarding new audiences to engaging and cross-selling loyal students.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Define, own, and execute end to end CRM strategies to attract new students, continually engage and retain them throughout their lifecycle.
- Develop, test, analyze and optimize all email marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs, dedicated sends and marketing campaigns.
- Take ownership of all KPIs for your programs, and communicate results to stakeholders and management team.
- Serve as a key member of the education leadership team collaborating with the leaders of that division to meet growth objectives.
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our lifecycle strategy and identify the best performing content and messages across audiences and stages.
- Work closely with our Analytics and Insights team to generate deep insights about our audience at each stage in their relationship with us, inventing new ways to engage our customers to content.
- Partner with our marketing designer to design high-impact email & messaging templates
- Be the expert of our CRM tech stack and liaise with external vendors.
- Keep a close watch on competitors and other sources of industry news & inspiration.
What makes you qualified:
- 4-5 years of experience in lifecycle marketing, CRM, retention or growth marketing. Prior experience in the education industry is a plus.
- Hands-on experience building lifecycle marketing programs through CRM and/or marketing automation system. Experience with Hubspot is a plus.
- Experience in A/B testing and other analytical tools to ensure customer understanding and campaign results
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation
- You enjoy working on both the analytical and creative sides of marketing. Concepting content for lifecycle emails and finding nuggets of data in a spreadsheet to help optimize a campaign are both things you like to do.
- Experience marketing a higher priced discretionary product portfolio a plus
- You are a team player, results and detail-oriented, self-starter kind of person who likes to get stuff done.
- You are excited to join a fast growing company
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded... plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.