New York, NY
Account Management /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
The Account Manager will work across advertising partners within the growth & performance team at Morning Brew, overseeing new partner accounts.
Reporting to the Manager of Account Management, the AM will play an integral role in activating Morning Brew’s account management, advertising executions and clients’ success by working directly with clients as well as internally across the entire organization. This person will oversee execution across Morning Brew’s franchises, focusing on: Marketing Brew, Retail Brew, HR Brew, CFO Brew and IT Brew (and a few others to launch this year!).
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
The Account Manager services mainly the post-sale campaign lifecycle, with some pre-sale work, and owns all aspects of the program once a deal closes. You will be responsible for:
- Media Planning & Strategy: Supporting the growth & performance team with pre-sale strategy based on client’s KPIs, budget, timing, capabilities, etc.
- Client Onboarding: Owning the advertising partner’s transition from pre-sale to post-sale, supporting IO and other documentation logistics, booking in CRM system (Boostr), establishing KPIs and other benchmarks for success and facilitating kick-offs.
- Client Success: Facilitate smooth creative process, maintain campaign timelines, manage client feedback, and ensure approval prior to launch. Deliver campaign reporting, offer mid-campaign optimizations, and post-campaign delivery and wrap reporting.
- Client retention, renewal and growth: Collaborate with sales team to develop client renewal strategy based on performance and client objectives.
- 1-3 years in a digital or integrated media environment (i.e. publisher or agency), with a background in media planning, client service or account management. Experience working with B2B brands is a plus.
- Ability to lead pertinent client presentations (i.e. kick-off meetings, mid-campaign reports, and wrap reporting decks) and manage client/agency relationships.
- Strong problem solving skills and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape, digital activations and execution, experience with custom/branded content, social media, and audio. Experience with events/virtual activations is a plus!
- Ability to understand and interpret data to craft stories, make observations and draw conclusions.
- Utilize this performance data and insights to drive account strategy, upsell, drive incremental and renewal business. Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, Boostr, Megaphone, Lightdash experience is a plus.
- Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission and its franchises and products.
- A collaborative, competitive mindset. A passion for the "collaborative win": hitting/exceeding goals and achieving success with the person to your left and to your right.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- No ego.
COMPENSATION $75,000 - $80,000 *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.