Associate Franchise Content Producer
New York, NY
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for an Associate Franchise Content Producer with experience in studio production, video podcast production, and/or live-to-tape TV production to join our fast-growing multimedia department. In this role, you will be the main coordinating role for a new franchise, BOSSY with Tara & Katie, as well as work across other properties as assigned. Bossy is the ultimate show for the modern entrepreneur, hosted by two extraordinary women who bring a wealth of knowledge and a dash of humor and truth to the world of business and personal finance featuring Katie Gatti Tassin, the creator of Money with Katie, and Tara Reed, the founder and CEO of the multimillion dollar ed-tech company Apps without Code.
Duties will be diverse and wide ranging, from day-to-day pre-production tasks (including pitching fresh and unexpected content, researching and preparing topics, and setting show structure), as well as post-production tasks (including producing social content, executing publishing of shows on all platforms, running a weekly newsletter, and implementing any sale initiatives).
You’re considered a rockstar candidate if you’re excited about the world of women's entrepreneurship, can work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and proactively work on improving systems and maintaining excellent quality.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
- Managing all weekly show content including podcast, YouTube, social, and newsletter
- Working with co-hosts on research needs, show structure, and outlines
- Coordinating all parties around the creative and development process
- Pitching relevant topics/guests during editorial meetings
- Coordinating production of graphics and elements for each episode
- Choosing key moments to feature as social content
- You’re enthusiastic about (and ideally have strong knowledge of) business, entrepreneurship, and related subject matter
- You hold strong research and writing skills; you could whip up a 30-second primer on the impact of Beyoncé on Sweden's economy while also writing a long-form script on the future of AI for entrepreneurs
- You’re experienced with Adobe Premiere and Pro Tools (being familiar with Photoshop is a plus!); you know what makes video content engaging and punchy
- You understand the major social video platforms (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and X, formerly Twitter)—you know what will make a splash and resonate with each audience
- You have outstanding communication, collaboration and organizational skills—and an impeccable eye for detail and creative opportunities
- You can work on a deadline, and tasks rarely, if ever, fall through the cracks
- You have a minimum 2-5 years experience in media and podcast production; you know best practices in and out
COMPENSATION $65,000 - $70,000 *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.