Supervising Producer, Multimedia
New York, NY /
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a full-time Supervising Producer to join our fast-growing video team. This position is fully remote but may require some travel throughout the year.
This is a senior position in the multimedia department. The Supervising Producer will manage production of all shows hosted by the Brew’s roster of in-house creators including Millennial Money With Katie and Excel Dictionary. They will oversee several productions that exist in video and audio formats, manage show producers, and oversee production workflow to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
This is a creative, collaborative and operational role. It is perfect for an experienced producer with a passion for creating informative, original and entertaining videos. In addition to managing 5-7 shows, the Supervising Producer will work closely with the creators and multimedia leadership to expand the Brew’s editorial footprint. They will launch new shows and expand storytelling formats for existing franchises.
If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced production environment and have experience working with both in-house and external talent, you’re a great candidate. You must also have experience managing a large creative team. You can maintain focus on the big picture, but are also rigorous, well-organized “details person” and will ensure each video we produce is the best it can be.
Our audience continues to discover video in new places. Our goal is to meet viewers and listeners where they are. You have deep knowledge of the nuances of video platforms including Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and audio platforms.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- You will oversee Morning Brew’s roster of ever-growing Brand IP to help steer each brand’s creative direction and to ensure each brand is hitting their targets and building a loyal audience.
- Develop and produce multiple formats for various platforms, both long and short-form
- Help create, execute and maintain the video team’s daily workflow to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage and support the growth and development of our producers
- Manage and support the growth and development of our on camera talent
What makes you qualified?
- Strong management capabilities with a wide-ranging knowledge of the digital media space, from both a content perspective and a technical perspective
- Proficiency in video editing a plus
- A keen understanding of and excitement for the Brew’s core content areas: business, money, career
- 10+ years of experience in digital video and/or production
- Experience with remote production and working on tight deadlines
- Comfort with coordinating amongst several stakeholders including producers, production coordinators, studio managers, colorists, motion graphics artists, fact checkers etc.
- Experience with and passion for short, mid, and long-form video content
- Superior attention to detail and organization
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded... plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.