Senior Survey Analyst, Survey Operations
Washington, DC / Chicago, IL / New York, NY
Analytics and Data Operations /
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role will be based near one of our office locations (Washington, DC; New York, NY; or Chicago, IL).
Morning Consult is looking to add an experienced Senior Survey Analyst to our Survey Operations group, part of the Analytics and Data Operations team. You will join a group of survey specialists supporting all of our custom research business including market research studies, data products created by our economic analysis group and surveys in collaboration with media partners and our own in-house content division. This includes advising internal and external stakeholders on sample and questionnaire design, programming surveys, using our internal sample platform to collect respondents and data processing (survey weighting, creation of deliverables, execution of analytics routines).
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have strong attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to write reusable, scalable code to manage complex multi-national tracking studies.
The Senior Survey Analyst will work closely with Research and Marketing Scientists to develop innovative methodological approaches based on modern data and analytics infrastructure to deliver the highest data quality at an unrivaled scale.
About the Analytics and Data Operations Team at Morning Consult:
The Analytics and Data Operations team is part of the Commercial Division at Morning Consult. We combine excellence in survey methodology with state-of-the-art data collection technology to deliver high-impact, quality intelligence at scale. Our team consists of experts in Survey Data Collection, Research Methodology and Marketing Science. We support the data collection for all custom and syndicated research products at Morning Consult, and advise internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of research methodology and analytics.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Proficiently executing survey projects including survey programming, quota generation and data collection for multinational tracking studies
- Executing complex survey weighting, including custom weighting schemas
- Creating tabs and toplines and responsible for quality assurance
- Advising and executing standardized analytics procedures in collaboration with Research Solutions and clients
- Creating custom deliverables (banner tables, database exports, data stacking, custom significance testing, standardized analytics)
- Responsible for QA of own deliverables — you should be able to reliably produce work that passes quality standards with minimal feedback or changes from stakeholders
- Interacting with internal R codebase, submitting bug fixes and updates for review
- Performing such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time at the Company’s discretion
About You and What You’ve Done:
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Data Science or similar; or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 2+ years of total relevant work experience
- Proficiency with survey statistics (sampling theory, hypothesis testing, contingency tables)
- Experience working with survey data (survey weighting, cross-tabulation, significance testing)
- Prior experience using survey collection software (Qualtrics, Decipher, Alchemer, Survey Monkey)
- Proficiency in R or RStudio (tidyverse) required; familiarity with Python for data analysis (Pandas, SciPy) a plus
- Knowledge of SPSS or Stata a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Perl, C, C++ or other general-purpose programming languages a plus
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $64,300 - $100,000, with a midpoint of $82,100.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.