People Operations Partner
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role is available in any of our office locations or remote within the United States.
Morning Consult is hiring a People Operations Partner to serve as the connective tissue between our People Strategy and People Operations functions. The People Operations Partner will own day-to-day employee relations (ER) including conducting investigations, addressing accommodations and resolving conflicts. They will also have the opportunity to play a role in how the People team at Morning Consult scales by building repeatable processes, tools and templates.
Success in this role requires a strong ownership orientation, proactivity, a sense of urgency with excellent follow-through and a strong grasp of employment law. The ideal candidate is a structured problem solver, empathetic and has the desire to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment while maintaining visibility into their work.
The People team’s purpose is to continuously evolve MC and its people to achieve our collective potential. We do so through our desire to identify the greatest opportunities for change, courage to go beyond what is expected from a People team, curiosity to learn from our actions and others and levity and authenticity in tough moments.
This role is the first of its kind at Morning Consult and serves as a crucial connection point between employees, People Strategy and People Operations. Since it’s a new role, there are many available career paths and the People Operations Partner will have an exciting opportunity to help shape the direction of the role. This role will report to our AVP, People Operations & Technology and, at this time, is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Execute core HR processes such as performance management, investigations and separations
- Ensure that disciplinary processes are handled in a fair manner and are consistent with local requirements
- Conduct complex and critical employee investigations along with our legal partners, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution
- Review, advise and resolve critical employee concerns, including interpersonal conflict, employee complaints, allegations of harassment, discrimination and retaliation in a timely manner
- Leverage existing playbooks to execute key lifecycle experiences including performance evaluation, promotion and compensation planning cycles, employee engagement and action planning
- Identify opportunities to improve and implement new HR policies by connecting the dots across multiple experiences of MCers
- Provide HR support and consultation to mid-level managers and their team members and answer employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies and other HR-related items
- Effectively and accurately maintain confidential ER data and documentation, including implementing and maintaining a case-tracking system
- Model our core values and behaviors in how you approach your work and others
- 3-5+ years experience in the HR field
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR-related laws, regulations, policies and principles
- Experience advising on ER issues (e.g., reorganizations, performance issues, investigations)
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion, equity, and integrity while exercising independent judgment and discretion
- Desire to explore best practices and evolving external research to inform your work
- Track record of balancing autonomy and visibility into work to achieve significant results
- Ability to navigate change effectively – can shift priorities easily, and is comfortable with ambiguity
Note: we view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.
The expected salary range for this position is $81,700 - $130,000, with a midpoint of $105,800.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
COVID-19: Morning Consult’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their booster shot in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidelines. Morning Consult offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition, sincerely held religious belief, or other grounds protected by federal, state, or local laws.