Washington, DC / Chicago, IL
Research Solutions /
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This position will be based near our Washington, DC or Chicago, IL office and will start in February 2024.
Morning Consult is looking to hire an entrepreneurial strategic communications professional to join our Research Solutions team. Those in this role must understand survey research, advocacy, and messaging strategy and have experience bringing people together internally to make projects come to life.
In this role, you will jump at the chance to come up with creative and impactful projects that help our clients make the most of our data-focused technology products. You will also work closely with leadership to expand our current client offerings and ensure all client needs are exceeded.
The Research Solutions Team at Morning Consult:
The Research Solutions Team at Morning Consult is a crucial part of building an industry-leading, customer-obsessed Commercial Organization to drive sustainable growth across our entire portfolio of business. Our aim is to deliver high-impact, quality intelligence at scale to decision makers anytime, anywhere. Our team consists of researchers who come with experience in market research, insights, political polling, strategic consulting, and more.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Providing support during research projects, learning more about the research process and project management fundamentals
- Working closely with managers to create frameworks for questionnaires and analysis, ensuring clients will get the most out of their research
- Drafting research materials (questionnaires, memos, slide decks) for others to review, effectively checking numbers, grammar and general content accuracy
- Supporting quality assurance, generating highly-accurate client deliverables alongside our Analytics & Data Operations (ADO) team
- Joining client calls, leveraging client interactions as observational learning opportunities to inform and improve future outputs
- Building stable working relationships with members of the Research Solutions team, ADO team and with client points of contact
- Joining sales calls to listen and cultivate their knowledge of the Morning Consult business
- Collaborating with teammates to both learn from others and to share learnings
- Understanding Morning Consult tools and products and navigating these products independently
About You and What You’ve Done:
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Marketing or similar; or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience working with and interpreting data sets
- Curious about the "why," and draws on curiosity when interpreting new information
- Maintains composure in difficult situations, remaining constructive, logical, and determined to succeed even in the face of setbacks
- High attention to detail, willing to get in the weeds to ensure accuracy
- People-oriented with the ability to interpret expectations and exceed them
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues and client points of contact
- Approaches work through the scientific method, open to new approaches to improve outcomes, adapting workflows, and integrating new techniques
- Communicates concisely and punctually to clear collaboration hurdles
- Actively seeks feedback and assumes positive intent when receiving it, incorporates feedback into future iterations of work and performance
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $52,400 - $79,600, with a midpoint of $66,000.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.