San Francisco or Remote /
Mos is on a mission to tear down financial barriers to opportunity. We built the first banking product designed not to manage student debt - but to eliminate it. And we’re just getting started. We’re shipping fast, growing rapidly, and backed on our quest by world-class investors like Sequoia, Lux Capital, Stephen Curry, and more. You can learn more about our culture and what it's like to work at Mos here.
As a member of the product team at Mos, you are responsible for driving our vision forward. Working alongside engineers and product designers, we are charged to shape and ship revolutionary - not evolutionary - offerings for our students. You will own the vision, requirements, planning and delivery on a cross-functional development team making decisions which will have a direct impact on our customers and on the business. There is a large amount of whitespace and you will be instrumental in transforming it into a legendary product and experience for our students.
We are remote friendly within the United States and have an office in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Lead the product lifecycle from concept (conceptualize, design, document) to release (develop, test, market, prepare) to live support (triage, measure). Then do it again!
- Create product documents that describe business opportunities, high-level use cases, unique selling propositions, and ROI projections.
- Break down product documents into executable user stories and technical requirements; collaborate with design and engineering partners to iterate, refine, test and ship.
- Define success metrics to measure the impact of your products on the whole and with each new release; use quant + qual feedback to continuously place new bets and tests.
- Design and run user interviews, surveys, and prototype tests; conduct research and analyze user feedback to inform opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Develop and maintain a product backlog, partnering with analytics to use data and insights to assess the projected impact (and relative priority) of the initiatives.
- Work closely across teams to understand targets & priority changes, manage dependencies, unblock issues and coordinate deliverables.
Who we're looking for
- Prior experience as a consumer-facing product manager, preferably with mobile, social and gaming products. Experience operating in a high-growth, fast-paced startup a major plus.
- You are known first and foremost for your creativity and ingenuity, which stems from your insatiable curiosity, desire to know “why,” and unapologetic resistance to boundaries.
- You are known next for your scrappy hustle and results-oriented bias to action; you tackle the unfamiliar with fire and fun, you figure out how to get sh*t done.
- You live in the future - you can’t help but tinker and try the latest products, trends and technologies. In your spare time you love to play games and explore new communities - both online and IRL.
- You are an excellent communicator - you hear the meaning behind others’ words; you can clearly articulate a wide range of deliverables to all levels of the company and in all formats (e.g. Looms, Figjams, Notion briefs & technical specs, Linear project plans).
- You traverse between the worlds of what’s possible (everything!) and what’s probable (less things!), using your intuition and strong analytical skills to make sound recommendations.
- You are fascinated by the latest financial innovations and eager to find ways to apply new technologies to solve age-old problems, to truly make a difference in our customers’ lives.