Senior Back-End Developer
San Diego, CA /
Back End Engineering /
Born from the needs of high-growth, data-driven companies, Mosaic fuels financial planning and business performance. The platform combines big data and machine learning to provide powerful predictive reporting capabilities, leveling the playing field and giving startups tools and insights previously reserved for large enterprises.
Whether it’s better understanding your cash burn, forecasting spend scenarios or uncovering powerful business insights, Mosaic provides greater visibility into the most important dynamics of the business.
We’re looking for a Back-End Developer to help build our integration and analytics platform, someone who isn’t afraid to take on the challenges of building a new product.
Make your mark and shape how our company technology stack is written, tested, monitored and delivered!
What You'll be Responsible for:
- Design, architect, and develop strategic financial modeling features in our flagship product
- Work directly with our data team to design database schemas and ontology
- Play a key role in helping design and implement core architectural concepts in support of current and future company objectives
- Facilitate requirements gathering and translate the business requirements into a technical solution design
- Mentor and guide other developers in all areas of development
- Assist in developing standards and best practices for our team to use in web applications
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science or similar field
- 8+ years experience in a backend engineering role
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with statically typed Languages such as C# or Java (C# is preferred)
- Experience connecting to web APIs and retrieving data
- Basic familiarity with business and financial concepts such as ERP, CRM, balance sheet, general ledger, forecasting
- Ability to design, explain, and understand complex systems in a clear fashion
Experience with the following is a Plus! (Not a Requirement)
- C#, ASP.NET and Entity Framework experience
- Working with Quickbooks, SalesForce, Hubspot, Xero, Netsuite APIs
- AWS experience
- Microservices and general service oriented architecture
- Networking and server management
- Agile software development and the tools that are leveraged to drive it (Jira, etc)