San Diego, CA /
Full-Time - Remote
Born from the needs of high-growth, data-driven companies, Mosaic fuels financial planning and business performance. The platform combines big data and machine learning to provide powerful predictive reporting capabilities, leveling the playing field and giving startups tools and insights previously reserved for large enterprises.
Whether it’s better understanding your cash burn, forecasting spend scenarios or uncovering powerful business insights, Mosaic provides greater visibility into the most important dynamics of the business.
We are looking for an extraordinary writer to help build our user documentation and develop a highly-productive and impactful Technical Writing team. You will be responsible for creating a world class documentation experience that is a product differentiator and not an afterthought. If you thrive in a lightning-fast environment and love working with passionate, collaborative people who want to change the world, then Mosaic is the place for you!
- Writing, designing, delivering, editing, and publishing technical content, including product guides, release notes, in-app copy, and more
- Advancing documentation as a differentiator in the sales process as well as in our ongoing customer relationships
- Creating a documentation experience that presents complex subjects in a comprehensive yet digestible manner
- Collaborating with Product, Design, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to ensure accuracy, quality, and discoverability of product content
- Ensuring content is consistent and up to date with the continuously evolving product
- Experience documenting enterprise SaaS products and technologies
- Ability to lead and work autonomously while also collaborating closely with multiple teams
- Strong comprehension, writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in terms of learning, documenting, and following procedures
- Ability to think like and write for internal and external readers of all roles and technical proficiencies
- Basic HTML/CSS skills and experience using a web-based documentation platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or similar
Writing Sample Requirements:
- Provide different types of technical documentation that illustrate your ability to write for different purposes
- Select excerpts that demonstrate clear, concise, and fluid articulation of complex subject matter
- Include your own content that has not been edited by another person
Preferred (not required):
- Experience using Snagit and Camtasia
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis practices
- Familiarity with financial metrics and accounting/finance processes
Here at Mosaic, we are proud of our diverse workforce, and we strive to continuously strengthen our collaborative team of talented, independent, and kind individuals who are reshaping the world of corporate finance. As an equal opportunity employer, Mosaic prioritizes the inclusion of all intersectional identities and does not discriminate or tolerate discriminatory behavior or activities.
We provide the tools our team members need to operate with a high degree of autonomy, and we embolden all to pursue professional and personal growth. While Mosaic is headquartered in beautiful Del Mar, California, our founders made an early decision to embrace a remote-friendly workplace. Team members are welcome in the office yet free to work from any location that supports their unique lives and lifestyles.