Los Angeles, CA /
Finance a first-of-a-kind facility to unlock hydrogen and carbon removal from Earth's abundant wood waste.
We are creating new technologies that remove carbon from the air and produce hydrogen. We make uniquely integrated gasification plants to sell hydrogen for replacing fossil fuels and carbon for utilization/storage. Our innovation begins with wood waste pretreatment and extends throughout system design. To learn more, visit motehydrogen.com.
As Mote's first Finance Manager, you will help lead efforts on corporate development and project finance. You will source, negotiate, and execute project sales and structured financing, including whole or partial project sales, construction financing, back leverage, and cash and tax equity financing. The position requires an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured environment, constantly collaborating with various internal and external teams to meet transaction deadlines. The individual would ultimately be responsible for managing day-to-day execution of these transactions and performing analysis on the market. You must have an appetite for growing startups and be a creative self-starter.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Propose, facilitate, and close finance solutions
- Identify potential investors within the equity fund, banking, and investor communities and develop strategies to build up our investment pipeline;
- Create and maintain project- and portfolio-based financial models for internal use and to share with potential investors
- Synthesize and model terms of construction loans, tax equity bridge loans, and sponsor-equity-with-back-leverage loans in time- and yield-based partnership flip structures
- Review project documentation and third-party reports, including offtakes, financing term sheets and agreements, Independent Engineer reports, etc., and accurately integrate assumptions into financial models
- Independently develop and run sensitivities in models and quantify resultant impact on sponsor IRR and margin
- Create marketing materials for fundraising, including teasers, CIMs, and management of data rooms
- Manage closing process, including coordinating reviews and approvals across multi-functional teams, to bring the transaction to financial close under tight timeframes
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of project finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience, preferably in renewable energy or a similar industry
- Deep familiarity with project finance structures, including partnership flips, construction financing, and back-leverage; preferably a familiarity with sale-leasebacks and inverted leases
- Experience creating marketing materials, including teasers, CIMs, and managing data rooms
- Demonstrated ability to bring closure to complex and high value business transactions under tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, including managing the financial, legal, and internal review and approval process to successfully close transactions
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment
• Compensation commensurate with experience
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Flexible work schedule and vacation time
This position is based in Los Angeles. We support working remotely two days per week and respect personal and family needs. Relocation assistance is available.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Mote is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. Mote is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history, immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
Mote's commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.