Lead Product Designer
Culver City, CA
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
We're a design first company and strongly believe that enterprise users deserve the same beautiful and simple experiences that their consumer counterparts get. If you agree, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As Lead Product Designer, you'll get to spearhead our customer and driver experiences on web and mobile with bold vision going from prototype to final designs furiously. Once you've settled in, get ready to start the process of helping build a world class team of designers and researchers around you.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up and is looking for extreme ownership to spread wings and test limits. They will have previously built products that are widely used, easily recognized by name and revered. They’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Build flows that make the complex feel simple through great design
- Architect the style and structure of our design language system
- Iterate and align brand feel to always be fresh and ahead
- Meet with users and get to understand their problems and desires
- Schedule and run user testing on prototypes to validate your hypothesis
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new designs rollout
- Help build a world class team of designers and researchers around you
What success looks like in this role
- 6+ years UI/UX product design experience creating web and mobile apps
- 2+ years experience building, mentoring and design teams
- Experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings
- Ability to build component based design systems
- Experience working with engineers delivering projects in a clear concise way
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment
- Strong accountability, work ethic, sense of urgency and accountability
- You work primarily within Sketch and on a Mac
What you'll get from Mothership
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options.
Full health, dental and vision (PPO).
Unlimited paid time off.
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles.
Equipped with the latest MacBook and sit / stand desk.
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
Sound like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.