State Affairs Manager
Santa Monica, CA, US /
SG&A – Legal /
Our Global Legal Team is adding a State Affairs Manager for the Western United State. This position will sit in either Santa Monica or Las Vegas.
What you'll do:
- Create and foster strong relationships with State and local regulators, legislators, and stakeholders to shape transportation policy
- Formulate policy positions, develop implementation plans, and act on them consistent with Motional’s Government Relations Strategy
- Collaborate with other teams across Motional to keep our knowledge base up to date and provide analysis of consequential political developments
- Coordinate with local advisors and contribute to industry trade associations
- Work closely with the larger Government Relations and Legal teams
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of public policy experience within government, trade associations, or relevant companies.
- Experience in transportation and technology policy issues is a must.
- Expert understanding of State legislatures, regulators, decision-makers, and current political dynamics
- Adept at communicating complex policies and recommendations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to identify and forge coalitions with partners to advance Motional’s policy positions
Bonus points (but not required)
- Existing networks in government in the West and South-West
- Experience with the policy world of autonomous vehicles and commercial passenger services
- Knowledge of policy issues surrounding privacy, cybersecurity, zero-emission vehicles, and intellectual property
- Law or Public Policy degree
What is in it for you:
- The role will help define future regulations of the Autonomous Vehicle Industry
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.