Los Angeles, CA /
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Technical Artist who’s passionate about crafting groundbreaking experiences for fellow gamers. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Standardizing and improving development processes and tooling for the production of characters, environments, and weapons
- Creating and maintaining artist-friendly rigging solutions for characters and rigged environment props
- Partnering with engineering team to define and manage project technical requirements and asset production
- Collaborating with the Art Director during look development to explore visual styles for shaders, lighting, and VFX.
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- Passion for creating amazing visuals with a focus on driving engine, tools, and pipelines improvements
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Technical Artist for PC or console games with experience modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, and lighting for games
- Experience creating and implementing visually stunning and performant VFX for games
- In-depth knowledge, experience with Maya’s API (Python or C++), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel
- Strong knowledge of real-time shader implementations, PBR pipelines, and shader optimizations
- Experience with lighting implementation and optimization for real-time and baked lights for games
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute to many different areas of development outside of tech art
- In-depth knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Photoshop
- Experience with Unreal 4 on a shipped commercial game
- Experience working with Unreal content workflows and profiling/optimization tools
- Ability to create shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave
- Remote-work friendly