Los Angeles, CA /
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for an experienced Producer who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. An effective Producer is critical for organizing, supporting, and empowering the team to create great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Working closely with the team leads to establish and maintain a detailed project schedule with clear goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Managing the game’s product development cycle including scoping, pre-production, production, testing, code release, console certification, localization, and porting.
- Maintaining excellent coordination and communication across the team to ensure everyone is working effectively and efficiently on the highest priority work.
- Leading productive and informative weekly cross functional team meetings
- Proactively, identifying, and resolving blockers and dependencies before the team is impacted
- Tracking and maintaining the team’s tasks, goals, and deliverables through Jira and Confluence
- Organizing and leading milestone reviews and development retrospectives
- Publishing weekly project updates to the team to highlight progress, risks, and accomplishments
- Working with the COO to manage the project budget
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external vendors
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for planning, organization, and team communication
- Credited as an Associate Producer, Producer, or equivalent on at least one shipped PC or console game
- Strong knowledge of modern game development methodologies and best practices
- High level of proficiency in creating development plans, work schedules, and production documentation
- A keen eye for detail and thoroughness with all aspects of the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background with a good baseline understanding of game engineering concepts, design workflows, and content creation pipelines
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management and prioritization skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- 3-5 years of related industry experience
- AAA experience a plus
- People management and recruiting experience
- Familiarity with console development considerations and certification requirements
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Experience as a producer on a live product
- Background as a game developer on an engineering, art, or design team
- Experience with Jira, Hansoft, or equivalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly