Los Angeles, CA /
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for teams that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Lead Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Assisting the Art Director in establishing the artistic vision for the project. Creating high-quality 3D content for the game, including characters, weapons, and environments. Defining benchmark assets to establish the quality and technical bar for the team. Fostering amazing work from a team of internal and external artists. Guiding and contributing to the development and maintenance of efficient art pipelines and tooling. Managing a team of artists, providing mentoring, feedback, and career growth (as needed)
- 3-5+ years of experience as a 3D game artist creating characters, weapons, and environments for PC or console games.
- Extensive experience with modern 3D asset and PBR material creation pipelines
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles and areas of expertise
- Asset management and art outsourcing experience
- Strong traditional art skills
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- In-depth knowledge of ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Photoshop
- Expertise in a major 3D package like Maya, 3DS Max, or Modo
- Experience with Unreal 4 on a shipped commercial game
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave
- Remote-work friendly
- Commuter Pass