Environment Artist (Contract)
Remote, OR /
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us
- We’re looking for an Environment Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome environments make for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
- Please note, this is a contract role.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Modeling, texturing, creating UVs, and engine implementation of stylized environment assets for a game developed with the Unreal Engine
- Collaborate with level designers to populate environments
- Review and incorporate assets from third-party vendors.
- Closely collaborate with production to maintain a transparent and reliable schedule
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing environments
- Expert-level knowledge of environment modeling and scene composition
- Expert-level knowledge of texturing in Substance Painter and Designer
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Mastery over vertex normals' impact on low poly shading
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Strong portfolio of realistic and stylized environments for games
- AAA game development experience a plus
- Shooter game experience
- Experience developing and maintaining shaders
- The estimated salary range for this role is $78,000 - 100,000 USD.
- Salary is determined based on location, level, relevant education, training, qualifications, and/ or experience.