Senior Technical Game Designer
Remote, OR /
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Game Designer who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others.
You’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Designing, directing, and iterating on game systems that deliver amazing player experiences
- Contributing to concept, direction, and gameplay for all Mountaintop projects
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to bring out the best ideas, translating them into compelling prototypes
- Inventing, extending, and maintaining design processes, tools, and workflows
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A minimum of 4 years design experience, including at least one shipped title
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience supporting a live service title
- Experience working on networked games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of employee premiums paid, 90% of dependent premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly
*Specific perks (benefits) are applicable to regular, full-time employees only (benefits are not applicable to contractors). Benefits are determined by country of residency and are in compliance with local, state, and country regulations.*
$90,000 - $150,000 a year
The estimated salary range for this role is $90,000 - $150,000 USD plus equity.
Individual salary and equity packages are determined based on location, level, relevant education, training, qualifications, and/ or experience.
Mountaintop Studios Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Mountaintop Studios Inc. participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Mountaintop Studios Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during the employment process. If you are in need of accommodations during the employment process, please contact HR for assistance at HR@mountaintop.gg .