Engineering – Data /
Hi, I'm Minh Tran (https://www.linkedin.com/in/minhdtran/), VP Engineering at Moves and The Open Application Network. I’m looking for a Data Scientist who will help us advance our data science efforts at Moves.
Moves is a fintech product that offers low-interest loans to support gig workers (like rideshare drivers and food couriers). Moves does not rely on traditional credit checks and will have no impact on the credit scores traditionally used by the big banks. Instead, Moves is building a future of financial services that respects the increasingly independent way people choose to make a living that supports their mobility.
Without relying on outdated credit scores, our product is designed so that we can get to know our users better over time and help them establish a new financial reputation. Moves’ low-interest loans have been designed specifically for gig workers, and our product offerings will be expanding to continue supporting their progress and mobility.
The data science team can use traditional and non-traditional data sets to build models that can take loan decisions and to predict a loan repayment vs a default. As a Data Scientist, you’ll work with real world structured and unstructured data to develop models, taking them from research and experimentation to implementation.
So, who are you? Since our data team is new, we are looking for a collaborative and empathetic self-starter who has a passion for accomplishing goals. You are also someone who is comfortable in taking decisions that shape the direction and approach for the team. You will be expected to help other team members on data science techniques and best practices and support data science within the organization.
What you'll do
- Guide and influence strategy and approach for data science projects
- Research, experiment, and implement models that can take loan decisions and predict loan repayment vs default
- Extraction of more features that can be used in the learning models from available data
- Research into data sets that can be used to further improve the models and work collaboratively across the organization to champion the importance, collection, and use of these data sets
- Lead data management process – collecting, transforming, and storing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Advocate and champion industry standards and best practices on data management, and coach team members on data science techniques
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in Machine-Learning, data mining and statistics
- Experience with data management – cleaning, transforming, storing, and mining
- Deep knowledge on R or Python; nice to have - BigQuery, SQL and Java
- Exceptional organizational and process management skills
- Nice to have - Experience working in small agile data teams
- Nice to have – Experience building models in related industries
What we offer
- Robust benefits plan
- $500/year health spending account
- $1000/year professional development budget
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work that fits your life
- Friday lunch, snacks, and coffee when we're back in the office 🙂.
Moves is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office when we're there!