Software Developer (Full-Stack)
Engineering – Full-Stack /
Hi, I’m Pawan Keer (https://www.linkedin.com/in/keerpawan/), Engineering Lead at Moves. I’m looking for a Full-stack Developer who will help us continue to build our product, Moves (movesfinancial.com).
Moves is a fintech platform focused on solving problems that no other organization can solve. We’re addressing the under-banked and under-served market of independent workers in the gig economy.
As a fast-growing segment of the labor market, independent workers are critical to our economy, yet are overlooked by banks. These are the rideshare drivers, food couriers, designers, photographers, consultants, and other freelancers who are finding their next gig online. Moves has developed a proprietary alternative to traditional credit checks used by big banks, by leveraging open APIs and blockchain technology. Moves is building a future of financial services that respects the increasingly independent way people choose to make a living.
Our products are designed to get to know our customers better over time, and help them establish a new financial reputation, outside of their outdated credit score. Moves’ affordable products are designed specifically for independent workers in the gig economy, and our product offerings will be expanding to continue supporting their progress and mobility.
As a Full-stack Developer and member of the Engineering team, you'll be critical to the build, delivery, innovation and evolution of our core product and will have the chance to work collaboratively and collectively on a product team tasked with taking them to the next level.
So who are you? You are experienced, passionate, and a deliver-at-all-costs-developer, committed to building your own code and above all else, you take great pride in what you and your team ships. You are purpose-driven, compassionate and want to step up to make decisions that align with that mission. You’re committed to growing and learning while coaching, and if you are excited about building products that that will help people in meaningful ways, we want to talk to you!
What you'll do 👇:
- Build end-to-end product features for core and strategic applications and products
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other developers, sharing knowledge as they grow along with you
- Collaborate with product managers and our research team to build features, constantly iterating and experimenting to build a world class application
- Raise the bar on quality through code reviews and testing
- Contribute as a key member of a delivery team getting to work within all phases of the product development.
What we're looking for 👀:
- 3+ years of proven professional experience as an application developer with a front-end, back-end, database and integration focus, building applications/software systems, preferably in a product led company
- Development experience using Reactjs, Nodejs and Mongodb
- Proficiency with writing automated tests in Mocha, Jest, Enzyme
- Experience building integration libraries, messaging services, and API.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Significant experience in an iterative software development environment - Agile, Scrum
We we offer 😀:
- Robust benefits plan
- $500/year health spending account
- $1000/year professional development budget
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work that fits your life
- Friday lunch, snacks, and coffee when we're back in the office 🙂.
The Moves Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office.