Experienced Software Engineer
We are creative, smart and interesting problem solvers. At Moxe, we’re on a mission to dramatically reduce healthcare costs. We are looking for an amazing, experienced software engineer to join the software development team at Moxe Health.
You are highly skilled at Java/Spring or C#/.NET and other best-choice platforms. Join our agile software delivery team on our DevOps journey, where you will have an immediate impact and challenge yourself every day. You will help us build a great SaaS interactive health information network, to give valuable insights to all parties in the healthcare system.
Every day we learn from each other and solve difficult problems that improve interoperability in healthcare. We're not afraid to use cutting-edge technologies. We have remote and co-located teams plus an open vacation policy. Also, there may be puns.
If you want to amaze us with your skills as an O-O programmer in Java, C# and other O-O languages, please apply and get to know us.
You have these required core competencies:
- SOLID understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Expert at developing complex software in Java/Spring and/or C#/.Net
- Expert understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Excellent problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Experience with version control concepts, preferably Git
- Working experience with software engineering and design concepts
- Proven understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to build and call them
Your job will have these essential functions:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully-functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality and APIs
- Configure and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Adhere to industry standards and regulations
- Embrace and evolve our agile development practices
We hope you also have most of these skills:
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience in healthcare or insurance
- Experience with test-driven development or another test-first methodology
- Great skills with software engineering tools like IntelliJ, Visual Studio, and GitHub
- Working experience in an agile dev-ops software development environment
- Familiarity with distributed systems on AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Subject matter expertise for REST APIs
You meet these qualifications:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or comparable experience
- Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office
- Must have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
For fastest consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website. Hope you like take-home programming assessments, because we think this levels the playing field.
At Moxe Health, we prioritize transparency, integrity and our relationships with our colleagues and with customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.