Junior Software Engineer (May 2020)
We are creative, smart, interesting problem solvers working in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We are looking for an incredible junior software engineer to join the software development team at Moxe Health, to focus on backend development and data interchange. At Moxe, we are aligning healthcare for a better tomorrow.
As a vital member of our engineering team, you will help us build the connections to our interactive health information network. You will join our agile development team on our DevOps journey and help us rapidly deliver quality products to our customers. You will have an immediate impact and challenge yourself every day.
Every day we learn from each other and solve difficult problems that reduce the cost of healthcare. We're not afraid to use cutting-edge technologies. We have smartdesks and an open vacation policy. Also, there may be puns or occasional dog friends.
If you want to amaze us with your skills as an O-O programmer in C#, Java and other languages, please apply and get to know us.
The ideal candidate:
- SOLID understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Proven ability to develop software in C# and or Java
- Experience with web APIs
- Excellent problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Working experience with software engineering and design concepts
What you'll do:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code with unit tests
- Support the implementation team to integrate our solution with our customers
- Implement software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality and APIs
- Configure and help deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Integrate software components into a fully-functional software system
- Contribute to specifications and determination of operational feasibility
- Write scripts and Infrastructure as Code
- Help support our products
- Embrace and help evolve our agile development practices
- Evolve as a subject matter expert
- Adhere to industry standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience with test-driven development or another test-first methodology
- Great skills with software engineering tools like Visual Studio, IntelliJ and GitHub
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS, Google Cloud
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or comparable experience
- Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office
- Must have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
Got Moxie? Join Moxe! Moxe Health strives to provide equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace. Moxe is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of passionate, fun, quirky, intelligent, and motivated individuals. We want our staff to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our society and to feel included, respected, and accepted. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t check ALL the boxes in the job posting.
Hope you like take-home programming assessments, because we think this levels the playing field.
For fastest consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website.